Monday, August 20, 2007

Internet Connection in Houston

FINALLY! I'm connected!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is for me to work (or play) without it? It's been a nightmare...especially when homework deadlines were looming. But now, well, today I'm back online, using my own connection, and running several (3) computers all at once. In other words...I'm in heaven.

After the fishing excitement over the weekend, it was really hard to come back to town. Still...I have projects and people waiting on me, so it just had to be done. Every day, I look at my UT homework for the upcoming weekend and for the semester, and every day I wonder just how I am going to survive it all. The topics look exciting, the new instructors appear to be wonderfully innovative and accomplished, and I'm looking forward to learning and achieving more. On the other hand, work is as busy as ever, more projects are added to my "pile" every day, and personal "problems" (taxes, bills, two houses needing a good cleaning) don't seem to be going away any time soon.

So...today I'm getting all set up for another couple of weeks of hard work. This week, I will have to work a couple of long days, and I have a TON of reading assignments to knock out before Friday. Leo and I will be heading to Austin on Thursday evening in preparation for Friday's class (I want to meet my new instructors in person, so this will be an in-class weekend for me), then we'll be home on Sunday to start another round of "can she survive working and going to school at the same time". Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment