Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Novel Diversions

Have I ever mentioned that I am an avid reader? I have? Oh...sorry. This week, even though I've been scrambling to get all my readings for school and my homework completed, I did squeeze in enough time to wrap up several books. When I'm not in school, I sometimes go through a phase of reading a number of books in a short time. Don't know why, but I do. In the last two weeks, here are the books I've read:

"At Risk" by Patricia Cornwell
Not one of her best works, I still found the story a delightful diversion from the standard Cornwell fare. Don't know whether to recommend it or not, but truthfully, I enjoyed it.
"Predator" by Patricia Cornwell.
Now this was one of the standard gory, detailed, intriguing Kay Scarpetta mystery thrillers. A great read, although quite long and complex. While the editorial reviews didn't particularly favor this book, once again, I beg to differ. I really did enjoy it.
"Florence of Arabia" by Christopher Buckley
I know I mentioned reading this last week, but it really was a lot of fun. It was so good, in fact, that I've picked up another by the same author and hope to be able to read it before Friday morning. It is called "No Way to Treat a First Lady".
"Teeth of the Tiger" by Tom Clancy
Leo and I are working on this one together, so it is taking longer than normal. Still, I think that the trip to Austin on Thursday will give us time to finish this excellent (but long) story.
Others on hand, but I don't know whether I'll be able to finish anytime soon.
"Autumn Bridge" by Takashi Matsuoka
"Inside the Kingdom" by Carmen Bin Ladin
"Maximum Ride" by James Patterson
"Mary Mary" by James Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment