Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Round the Clock

True to my game plan, I've started working some really long hours. However, there is not really any stress on me at the moment, so things are going well. The end of the year is generally a busy time for me as the databases, spreadsheets, and other tools I've created for customers are getting ready to "roll over" to the next year. It is a time for clean-up, fix up, update, modification, and backup. So, at this time of year I generally find myself in front of a computer for hours at a time, music cranked up and diet cokes coming in a regular stream. And contrary to what you might think, this is just like heaven to me.

"Heaven?" you say. Yup...heaven. Right up there with my all time favorite job of raking hay (something I haven't done in 20 years, by the way). When I can relax into the work (Leo says I get into the "zone"), and get to the point where solving the programming puzzles is a bit challenging and very rewarding when I solve the dilemmas, well, that's like heaven for me.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in for a minute and leave you all a message. Even though I generally leave the house at 6am and am home sometime after 9pm, I'm healthy, happy, and getting things done. P.S. I don't sign in on my own computer as often, so if you write me, it may take longer to get a response. It will probably this way until after the first of the year.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment