Friday, May 23, 2008

Home Again, Home Again

Yes...believe it or not I am actually home in Port Lavaca tonight. The hogs are busy at the feeder out front, and there is a strong sea breeze tonight. We had thought about going to the movies tonight, but have decided to try for the matinee tomorrow instead.

I have to admit that things are a bit "strained" right now with me working long hours on projects with no promise of work tomorrow while Leo prepares to go overseas without me, something I never expected to happen. It does not seem fair to me that he got an offer as I am left behind even though I have worked so very hard to make myself "attractive" to an overseas operation. Still, Leo is perfectly prepared and perfectly willing to go, so I'll just have to bide my time waiting for something to come up that will satisfy my desire for travel.

It seems everyone has expressed worry or concern over Leo's new job. I have to admit I am surprised by that. When we discuss it, we both agree that living and making our way around Houston is far more dangerous than living on a protect compound in a coastal region in Africa. I am actually quite jealous of Leo's upcoming adventure. I have promised him, however, that unless he wants to see me show up at the gates of the compound, he will have to contact me daily and assure me that things are going well. I, for one, think the 28 on and 24 off schedule is absolutely perfect. I hope I'm right about that.

Anyway, I know this is not much of a posting, but I've been incredibly busy and my mind is in kind of a "funk" (from work...not worry), so I thought I should attempt to post SOMETHING to get me back in the swing of making regular posts. We are happy, healthy, busy, doing fine, and looking forward to the next big adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment