Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Supper in Green Belt 3

After a very long day of battling over documents and working through business details, my new business partner and I decided it was time for me to leave the hotel for just a bit. We went to a very nice area nearby called Green Belt 3. We strolled past restaurants of every nationality and flavor, but finally settled on one called the "Red Crab".

He started off by ordering shrimp fried rice, which sounded good to me, but the waiter talked us into adding a king crab to our order. I chose one that sounded a bit on the spicy side, described as being cooked in Worcestershire and tabasco sauces. It took no time at all to be prepared and it was absolutely delicious. It turned out the crab was not nearly as spicy as I am used to, but was very tasty.

I think we are going to try to see a bit more of the area tomorrow. We have accomplished what we wanted to, although we are both going home with very long "to-do" lists. Every conversation is pickled with references to our business plans, so even time spent over meals is not wasted. Still, we are only just getting started and activities could easily ramp up quickly. My current plan is to be ready to head to Papua New Guinea for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months starting the first of June. Although I have so much to accomplish between now and then, it is still exciting and is definitely holding my interest. It's 9:30 here now and I have a long 2-days of travel ahead. The bad news is I have a really long layover (6 hours) in San Francisco AFTER surviving a 20-hour flight. That is assuming I survive! So, wish me luck, but don't worry if you don't hear from me for a couple of days. I'll probably be SLEEPING.

No comments:

Post a Comment