Saturday, October 03, 2009

Finally - PACKING!

Although I'm still too tired and have too many things left to do to get very excited, I know it's coming. We'll be boarding the airplane this time tomorrow. Our tickets are cheap and our seats won't be good, but it won't matter so much to us. We'll survive the trip, I'm sure.

So, here's the way the trip goes down:

  • Sun, Oct 04 - Houston to Cairns, 22 hr 35 min
    • 1 hr 15 min in Honolulu
    • 45 min and plane change in Guam
  • Wed, Oct 07 - Cairns to Port Moresby, 2 hr 10 min
  • Sun, Oct 11 - Port Moresby to Cairns, 2 hr 10 min
  • Tue, Oct 13 - Cairns to Houston, 24 hr 20 min
    • 1 hr 55 min and plane change in Guam

In all fairness, there are lots of things that could go wrong on this trip. My contact in PNG, for example, has recently been "unreachable". Still, I've never been one to worry much over details like that and am expecting, no matter what, to have an adventure. The other good thing about the trip is that by the time I get back, it will be less than 3 weeks until Leo comes home again. What could be better?

I am hoping for, actually expecting, to have internet access in Australia. However, I have no clue how "good" it will be. I'll do what I can to provide updates, if at all possible. While I'm in PNG I am expecting to not have internet access. If for some strange reason I do, you can bet I'll be utilizing it.

Well, I really do have places to go and people to see, so I'll have to check in later. Wish us well on our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment