Monday, February 22, 2010

Making Progress

I'm sitting in the airport in Brisbane now. (It's a beautiful airport, by the way.) We still have an hour-and-a-half before the flight leaves for Port Moresby. As soon as I get there, there will be one more hurdle, one more mountain to climb. The Visa system for getting into PNG is a little, well, different. I'm trying to get in on a business visa, which is a step up in complexity from a tourist visa. While I'm there, I will also be upgrading to a work visa, something that generally takes months to approve.

Still, some things about the trip have been problematic and troublesome, while others have made up for the trouble in a BIG way. So far, I am VERY pleased with my progress. And if my luck (aka God's helping hand) in the process holds out, I will be in my hotel and ready to get to work by 6pm. Still...that's a really long way to go. I think I'm prepared, however, and I KNOW I'm ready to get to work. My time here at the kiosk is about to run out, but I did want to let everyone know I'm doing fine and have almost made it to my destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment