Thursday, June 01, 2006

School's Back in Session!

It's 3pm, and I've been on campus since just after noon. I expect to be here until 6pm, or later if I get "on a roll". Yes, that's right. School is back in session and I'm back on the treadmill. I took the photo on my webcam on the 3rd floor of the library. I sit in an area located between the staircase and the bound volumes of student theses. Since one of my goals is to have a thesis prepared and ready to defend by March or April of 2007, you'll probably find me here many a late night. (Right now, my average is about 4 hours per day). Work is going well in that some of my older projects are winding down while a couple of new projects are gearing up [my "life cycle", I think]. Leo and I got to spend a lot of time together over the last three weeks. You would think I would be ready to get back into our old habits of me-doing-my-stuff and him-doing-his, but I really miss him already. I suppose part of it is because I know it will only get worse, this long-distance short time together stuff, before it gets better. But, I'm committed to this path, so I'll be alright. Last week we went out to eat at a cool little Cuban Bistro in Sugarland with Leo's cousin Stella and some of her friends. We had a blast! I hope we'll be able to get together with her now and then because we had a heck of a good time. Ah well...I think my books are calling me now. So, I'll work a chapter of statics problems, read another chapter in my "Writing Proposals" book, and begin working on the charter for my class on team leadership. THEN I'll head home for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment