Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Gosh, What a Load!

Believe it or not, I can remember back to my high school days (approximately 100 years ago). I remember that even in my little hometown, my Freshman year was a little hectic. By the time I was a Senior, however, the work didn't seem to be that much harder, and I had all of the routines down, so my Senior year was really a breeze. I guess that's why I was so mistaken about my Senior year here at U of H. Yikes! It's the first week and already I'm worn out! The good news is I seem to have an excellent set of instructors this semester. They all seem to be fairly intelligent, there are no real "prima dona's" in the lot, and they actually seem to care that we learn, participate, work together, etc. Yes, that's the good news. The bad news is that every one of my classes is going to be "homework heavy". Tuesday night is a killer night for me, as I tackle three classes back to back from 4:00pm to 8:30pm. When I got through last night, I headed straight for the computer lab to do homework and prepare for my other classes. I left at 10:30. Tonight, I was out of class at 5:30...not so bad. I came straight to the computer lab and worked on my homework for next Wednesday (complete), my homework for tomorrow night (complete), and a few odds and ends. I figured I would post this little update before I head home. As I glanced up at the clock, I just about fell out of my chair. I've been here 4-1/2 hours! (P.S. My butt's asleep.) Leo's at home in Port Lavaca, working hard to get ready for the texturing of the living room walls. I told him not to even bother coming this weekend as I would be snowed under and not have any time for him, but my little selfish voice is telling me that was a mistake. I need to see him, even if for only a little bit. So, I'll call him back in the morning and tell him not to come ONLY if he's just too busy to make the trip. I often get to the point where I feel like I don't really "need" Leo. As a matter of fact, I sometimes tell people that we are so good together because we are together because we WANT to be, not because we HAVE to be. But the older I get, the more I realize that those are sometimes one and the same. I WANT Leo around so much that it's created a NEED for me to be around him. Make sense? Hmmm...maybe I'm right in my argument, but then again, maybe the sleep deprivation I grew so accustomed to last spring is reminding me that it's something I'll have to get used to again. Thanks for visiting folks, but I believe I'm ready to go home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment