Saturday, December 16, 2006

One down, one to go

With one more "A" in my pocket (that Logic class that I was so worried about), my GPA is now at it's highest point in 20+ years...Whoopee! Just for today, just until that very last grade comes in (the one that I have absolutely NO FEEL for what it might be), my GPA is 3.718. I know that's not the greatest on some scales, and I know that over the years I could have done better. Still, I'm proud of myself in that I've been able to achieve this at my age, while working full time and living away from home. When my last grade comes in, if it's an "A", then my GPA will be 3.74. It takes a 3.75 to graduate Summa Cum Laude, which is my goal, and I really don't know how the policy works at UofH about graduating with honors. I mean, I heard from some other students that the GPA you have before graduating is the one that determines your honors status. What I don't know is whether that means mine will be set at 3.74, giving me Magna Cum Laude honors, or whether my professors will be polled toward the end of next semester in order to estimate my final grade. In any event, I'm not the kind to take pleasure in walking across the stage. But receiving a piece of paper with my name on it and any kind of honors designation a few weeks after graduation will certainly be cause enough to celebrate....BIG TIME! By the way, for those of you wondering, when I graduate in May it will be just after my 47th birthday. And if my miracles continue and I am able to pursue my Master's goal, that will be granted just after my 48th birthday. Wow...after all these years...can you see how pleased I am with myself?!

No comments:

Post a Comment