Saturday, January 20, 2007

10 Hours and Counting


I was SO upset when I got to class this morning to find that my instructor was in London and class was cancelled! I wanted to go home this weekend. I NEEDED to go home. After sending Leo on his way home without me, I went to the campus early so I could look over the book and get settled in, so it was 1-1/2 hours later, when class was supposed to begin, that I found out I could've gone home (or Leo could've stayed).

Anyway, once I figured out everything was messed up anyway, I walked over to the library and got settled in for the day. The "last call" was just given, and we've all been run out of the library now. But there's an area just outside the library doors, where the food court is, where we are allowed to stay for as long as we want, so, 11 hours after I arrived on campus this morning, I'm all settled in for a little more work.

I've been asked on more than one occasion recently whether "it is worth it". All these goofy long hours with my nose in books, my fingers pounding away on the keyboard, and my husband far away at home, I have to wonder too. On days like this, I could probably talk myself right out of finishing this course of action.

Oh well, enough dreaming. I'm knee deep in a book called "Engineering Documentation Control Practices and Procedures" where I'm learning all about Configuration Management Systems, which is the topic (I think) of my Senior Project. When I'm done with that one, the next book on my stack is called "Computer-Aided Facilities Planning", and I'm hoping to get a different perspective on the problem from that one. I can't give up and go "home" to Galena Park because there is no computer access there. So, if I really want to get a little further along on my homework, I guess I'm here for a while longer.

Sweetie (note: there are a whole LOT of people who qualify for the "sweetie" status in my book...Leo, Rebecca, Michelle, Rachael, Madison, Mason, you get the picture)...when you read this just know that I miss you lots and can't wait to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment