Sunday, May 27, 2007

Class 3 Complete

We just finished our 3rd class session, and it was as invigorating as ever. I feel like such a dweeb in class since I continue to be excited about the things we are learning; I mean like overly excited. The team I'm on is really a good one, and that helps too. My biggest problem right now is money...I've been working steadily at EOM, but what I do for them is never a sure thing, so it often leaves me scrambling to make sure I have something planned that I can "handle" (time-wise) and that I can make an income with (>4 hours of work).

This week is a back-to-back week, meaning that I have to go to Austin two weekends in a row. We still have a LOT of reading and homework to do before Friday, so I do not have time to take a break at all. Still, I'm finding ways to work around the issue.

Multi-tasking seems to work for me sometimes. For instance, here is a photo of me studying and fishing at the same time. If you look carefully, you'll see I have my fishing line run under my right arm so that I'll know if I've got a bite. See how all of my studies about innovation are helping me? While the guys (Leo and Jess) get a kick out of it, it does accomplish a couple of things for me. First, I still get to fish. Second, I still get my homework done. Third, I still get to enjoy the outdoors, the water, birds, and wind, without wasting precious time. Yes, I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this "innovation" thing.

P.S. The book I'm reading is "Crossing the Chasm" by Geoffrey A. Moore. I'm just getting into it, really, but like it a lot already.

No comments:

Post a Comment