Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

I'm home (Houston apartment) alone again...Leo just left to go to Port Lavaca and won't be back until late next week. It's okay, I guess. I mean, it's the life we've chosen to live, but I definitely miss him already. I put in quite a long week...12 hours downtown on Monday, 13 on Tuesday, 4 at Friendswood and 2 teaching an Excel class to a couple of soon-to-be co-workers on Wednesday, 12 on Thursday, and 12 on Friday. Yup...I'm tired. This coming week will include long days downtown on Monday, Thursday and Friday (note: even though it's a tough schedule on a project with high expectations from management, I'm definitely enjoying the challenging work!) as well as a trip to south Texas on Tuesday and Wednesday working on another project. Long week behind me...long week ahead.

Tonight and tomorrow I'm trying to get some homework knocked out for next weekend's classes. Leo and I discussed it today and decided that we are not going to try and go to Austin again to attend any of the last three classes. It is just too difficult and causes too much interruption in my work. If I just attend from here (online, with a sideline Skype chat in progress at the same time), the work is a bit harder, but the schedule and wear-and-tear is so much easier. I would like to go to Austin for graduation though. We'll just have to see.

I got a phone call on Wednesday that went something like this: "Would you be interested in going on a job in Kuwait? They are desperate to fill a position that you would be perfect for. How soon can you leave? Do you have your passport ready? Is three weeks too soon?"

Now before you get all excited, just remember that this is not the first time I've heard questions like these. I've learned to wait and see, although I still get a little excited at first. Obviously this job didn't follow through. I mean, the consulting firm I would be working for never gave me an update, so I can only guess I was not a good fit for the job. But still, perhaps you can get an idea of how up-and-down my life is right now.

I also got a phone call from my youngest, Rachael. Baby Zoe has "dropped" and although technically due at the end of April, she could choose to show up a little early and come any day now. I think I will miss the baby shower (next weekend?) but hope to see everyone, especially all my grandkids, the following weekend at granddaughter Kia's 4th birthday party. (Kia is Rachael's stepdaughter, and a little cutie.)

Anyway, I thought I would post a few lines to let everyone know that we are doing fine. Also, for anyone that is counting...

  • 3 class weekends left
  • 42 days until my last class
  • 56 days until graduation
  • Oh, and a TON of homework assignments, exams, and reports left to do!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment