Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Homework Lags while Granddaughter Shines

For one more night, Zoe has Mom and Dad all to herself.

After making some progress on my homework and final exams, I knew there would be no way for me to go to the hospital for another visit. So...I lined Leo up with all kinds of instructions and kept working while he got ready to go. As he was headed out the door, I realized that some things were just too important. So, I ditched my homework, grabbed my camera, and headed to the hospital.

 

Dress rehearsal for the little princess.

We stopped by to pick up Michelle so she could play aunt for the evening and drove to Baytown once again. The news is that Zoe seems to be healthy, happy, and ready to go home. The family should be leaving for home by 10m tomorrow. We tried on the new dress that the princess will wear for her exit photos tomorrow. Thankfully, it fit just fine, and more importantly, Mom and Dad seemed to like it. It was a wonderful visit and it felt good for grandma and grandpa to get to hold the baby a while longer. Now the evening is over and it's back to the grindstone for us, but just for the evening I got to get away from it all and bask in the joy of having one more little one around to shower with love.


Grandpa takes a turn with the little sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment