Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scorching Summer

Ah...it's so good to be home!

Leo left Houston early Friday morning and was home in Port Lavaca before I even left for work. In the evening, by the time the Houston traffic had cleared out enough for me to head home as well, it was late before I made it in. Still, it was nice to arrive home and find the porch light on and Leo waiting up for me. Home sweet home! I guess I didn't realize how tired I was from the weeks before, but I spent more time "doing nothing" this weekend than I normally do. I think I needed it though, because I feel so much better now.

With the near-miss of Hurricane Dolly behind us, the weather has been scorching hot. Although we haven't hit triple digits here yet (>37.8C), other parts of the state have and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it here in the next couple of weeks. Of course, the hot weather doesn't have quite the effect on me that it used to as most of my activities, work and play, occur indoors these days. But I can see it sapping Leo's strength as he still has to get out in it on a regular basis.

I continue to have a lot of work waiting for me but it seems to be coming at a slightly more manageable rate now, so I'm not feeling as overwhelmed. Still, I wish I had taken the time a year or so ago to train someone else to work with me. As it is right now, taking time out for training is just not possible. Although I'm hoping to expand the business a bit soon, this business of time-constraints is going to have to be dealt with first. I'm not quite ready for that just yet as there are other fish waiting to be fried including Leo finally getting his orders to show up in Nigeria, Jessie coming home from his travels, and my fulfilling of a handful of current commitments. [Sigh] Life goes on. But that's a good thing, now isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment