Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waiting on Leo

Tomorrow is our 19th wedding anniversary and I'm already bummed to be spending it alone. I'm in Houston, at least for today and tomorrow. I'd like to go home after that, but I'm guessing I won't get to. For some reason, it makes my clients feel better when I'm in Houston. Go figure!

Leo has a flight scheduled for October 6th, but he tells me that it's going to be changed. Two things have to happen in order for him to come home: 1) his relief has to show up, and 2) his visa has to be returned to him from the Nigerian government. He just got word that his relief has been delayed a couple of days, and there is no word at all on where his visa is. So, we are currently in limbo. I've promised him that our anniversary celebration will wait until he gets back, but now I'm hoping that we won't have to celebrate it at the same time as his birthday (November 26)!

Jess and Grace are leaving for New Mexico tomorrow, and that bums me too. Almost every day that I'm home, Jess and I spend time down at the pier fishing. We talk about all kinds of things like Leo, family, weather, and we sometimes plan and scheme as well. Sometimes we just sit and enjoy the beautiful weather. Jess always outfishes me, but that's no big deal...I enjoy the fishing whether I catch anything or not. I already can't wait for them to get home, but especially now that Leo's return is so uncertain.

My girls and I talk almost every day via telephone, so it's not like I'm totally out of touch with everyone. And I often spend Friday nights with my sis at my oldest nephew's football games. I'm hanging in there and really doing okay, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my hubby and want him home with me.

So here's hoping that things go well and my sweetie will be home with me before another 2 weeks are up. If you are anywhere in the vacinity of my house and hear a bunch of whooping and hollering, you'll know that he's on his way home. Until then, well, I'll just hold down the fort as best I can.

P.S. For anyone who is wondering about why Leo won't answer your email, it's because he can't. He can't even read it yet. The project he is on gives him very VERY limited access to communication methods. I'm sure he'll get around to answering you when he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment