Monday, November 03, 2008

Traveling Again

Well, he's well on his way now. According to the flight tracker, Leo is well past Newfoundland and still has another 4 hours to go before arriving in Frankfurt. We left home at 10:45 this morning and drove to Houston. We enjoyed a leisurely lunch at Chili's, near the airport, then I pulled up and dropped him off at about 2:45. From there I headed to the apartment to pay the rent and pick up some cables. I talked to Leo from there since he was still waiting on his 4:30 flight to leave. After that I drove to my sis' house and visited with her a bit, then back home to Port Lavaca. It was a long day for me, and a long drive, but NOTHING like the trip Leo is taking. I definitely got the short end of the stick on this one.

Of course, I miss him already and wish he was back home, but I guess that's really silly since he's only been gone a few hours. He's promised to call from Frankfurt, so I'll sleep with the phone by my side tonight. Although he was not ready to leave me yet, he was actually looking a bit forward to getting back on the job, seeing all his new friends, and getting back to work. His schedule keeps him really busy, and I'm thinking that makes the time pass more quickly. Now I can start counting down to December 3 when I can pick him up at the airport once again. I'm REALLY looking forward to a very FUN December...if I can just make it through this dreary November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment