Sunday, November 02, 2008

Tears Tomorrow

It was so wonderful having Leo home for a few weeks, but it has come to an end. I will take him to the airport tomorrow, and he will be in Germany by Tuesday morning. Although I keep telling myself it will be better if I don't cry tomorrow, there's no way for me to know what will happen. For those of you who don't know me well, the truth is, I'm not much of a crier. Sad movies don't do it for me, fear and anxiety don't drive me to tears, but embarrassingly, I have no control over the tears that show up when I'm angry. Occasionally, something patriotic or touching (like Leo's story of how some of the security guards pray together at shift change) will take me there as well. But my hubby leaving town for a bit? Sheesh...what's there to cry about! I cried like a baby when he left last time.

Work is continuing at a hectic pace for me, so it's not like I'm going to have a lot of time to be "lonely". I have plans to visit my mom, visit my daughters, take care of a lot of odds-and-ends, and earn my PMP (Project Management Professional) certification while he's gone, so perhaps the time will pass quickly. I was also hoping to get new wood floors installed throughout the house before Leo returns in December, but it looks like there will be no break on the shipping. I'm guessing he'll be long home before it shows up ready for installation.

Still, we had a really nice month together. Leo spent a lot of time visiting with Jess this week, and enjoyed it all thoroughly. We sat in the dark late Friday night and watched the deer feeding in the yard. The way we have it set up, we can observe them really close up although they can't see us. The biggest herd was last night, when I saw 10 does and fawns in a group. They are really beautiful creatures. I'm guessing last week's visits from the bigger bucks won't be repeated. I doubt those beauties will make it through the first weeks of hunting season.

The picture I'm sharing with you is one I took earlier in the week. I was walking down to the pier when I noticed this large flock of pelicans flying overhead. Wow! Don't forget to click on the photo to see it in a larger version. [Note: We have a bit of a joke about carrying cameras to the pier. It always means we are expecting the fishing to be so good we'll want to take pictures, but just like the proverbial rain that comes when you wash your vehicle, we almost NEVER have good luck when we bring the cameras along! So, a nice shot of a pelican flock on a beautiful day is like a concession prize.]

No comments:

Post a Comment