Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Garage Full of Flooring

My flooring arrived today, and there is a LOT of it. I just HAD to break open a box and take a look. You know how it is. You buy something after seeing photos on the internet, and a 4x4 panel of it in the store. I mean, how does that let you know what you are buying? So, Jess and I took one carton and laid some pieces out on the floor for a look-see. All I can say is "Wow!"

The floor we chose is NOT for everyone. As a matter of fact, I'm guessing that only a handful of people are even interested in the product we bought. It is engineered wood, but has enough surface thickness to allow for several sandings if necessary. It is VERY dark and has a lot of graining in it. It is a product that I would not have been interested in even a few years ago, although I would have conceded the fact that it is beautiful. But for our quirky, wacky, crazy home here on the water (I think the experts call our style "eclectic"), I think it is PERFECT! Here is a shot of the flooring we laid out from my iPhone. Remember to click on the image to see it in a larger version. Yippee! I'm guessing by late February I'll actually have floors down in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment