Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

As the US prepares for the ball to drop in a couple of hours, other parts of the world have already been-there-done-that. Weird, don't you think?

I am celebrating New Year's alone in Houston. Splurged by going out to Whataburger and eating the first burger I've had in more than 3 months. It was SO good! I thought I would be lonely/sappy tonight, but that's not really the case. Leo has been in touch every day since he's been gone, and that makes all the difference. [Note: He sends everyone a big New Year's hug today!]

I've read so many messages and articles about people ready for this year to be over, but I have to say that for Leo and I, 2008 has been a very good year. We accomplished several things this year, and had some good luck as well:

  • I earned my Master of Science degree from the University of Texas at Austin
  • We added another grandchild (Zoe) to our growing collection
  • The girls all seem to be healthy and happy
  • Leo got a job that is helping us finish the house
  • Gas prices are down, our savings are holding steady, and we are not losing ground financially
  • I had a goal of losing 50 lbs by the end of the year and I lost 55
What more could we ask? As I said, 2008 has been a very good year for us and we are looking forward to more fun in 2009.

We do have some goals/expectations for 2009 that I will share here. I don't believe that sharing them is going to "jinx" them in any way...they are real, honest expectations:

  • We expect Leo to retire [again] before the end of the year and become a real home-body
  • I expect to lose another 75 lbs.
  • We expect to finish the house and have a big family get-together there next Christmas
  • I expect to get into a postgraduate (PhD) program somewhere
  • I expect to be an active participant in a new start-up venture
  • We expect the year to be fun, family-oriented, comfortable, challenging, and even better than this year
Hmm...I think that about covers it for us.

So here's hoping 2009 turns out to be everything you want it to, and that your efforts are a big part of why that turns out to be true! Stay in touch, keep dropping by here when you are bored, stay faithful and true to yourselves and to the things that you value. All our love...Leo and Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment