I've got my tickets ordered, am waiting on word about my new flat, and am chipping away at all the preparations for my move. As you can see from the timers on the right, I will be leaving the country less than a week before Leo returns from Nigeria. Poor timing is right! Still, I have a couple of big activities to prepare for in PNG, so I really can't afford to miss this travel "window".
Here is my flight info:
|Fri 19 Feb 10||14:45||Houston (Bush Inter)||16:00||Dallas Fort Worth||1.25 hrs|
|Fri 19 Feb 10||20:25||Dallas Fort Worth||21:45||Los Angeles||3.20 hrs|
|Fri 19 Feb 10||23:50||Los Angeles||07:45 (Sun)||Brisbane||14 hrs|
|Fri 30 Apr 10||11:05||Brisbane||07:00||Los Angeles||13 hrs|
|Fri 30 Apr 10||09:45||Los Angeles||14:45||Dallas Fort Worth||3 hrs|
|Fri 30 Apr 10||17:10||Dallas Fort Worth||18:20||Houston (Bush Inter)||1 hr|
Now for a list of the additional 'details' I must attend to.
- Australian ETA form
- 3 Paper copies of passport
- Check in online 24 hours before departure
- Printed boarding passes
- Copies of education qualifications
- Company position description (from HR)
- Copy of contract signed by both employer and employee
- Letter of reference from previous employer
- 2 color passport-size photos
- Work Permit application
- Completed PNG visa application
- Name and address of Brisbane hotel
- Name and address of PNG hotel and/or flat
- Certificate of good health
- recent chest x-ray
- recent HIV test
- "Statement of your good character from your local police authorities"
- Shots, vaccinations, malaria medication
So, as you can see, I have my work cut out for me for the next few weeks. Wish me luck as I prepare!