Tuesday, September 13, 2005

24 Hours of Craziness

My Accounting II class last night was surprisingly good! I really disliked Accounting I and did not find it interesting, entertaining, or enlightening. Business Accounting looks like it is going to be a lot more interesting topic. It may just be the instructor, however. My instructor this semester is ALL of the things I mentioned--interesting, entertaining, AND enlightening. After class, it was back to work for another few hours. At 1:30am, I was just too tired to go on, and went back to my apartment [1.1 mile drive, thank goodness!] for a few hours' sleep. Up again at 5:30am, and at the Greenspoint site by 6:30. Today was spent on spreadsheets and on a PowerPoint presentation designed to show building tenants alternate exit locations during upcoming construction. I really like the product on this one, as it has quite the "WOW" factor we wanted. But it is very tedious work outlining phased work areas (52 phases!), alternate exits, alternate restroom locations, etc. as semi-transparent (some blinking) overlays to building diagrams for a 6-story building. Again, the project was a bit tedious and we were pressed for time trying to get it in, but what a nice little project! I really enjoy doing things I haven't done before, and I enjoy projects with a very simple, fixed, timeline. Now (4:30pm) I need to do my homework, but I am SO ready for a nap! I think the homework will have to wait until morning. [Think I can get a couple of hours' study time in before 7am?] P.S. Since I didn't go home this weekend, I am really missing my husband. Someday I'll tell you about our unusual living arrangement and why it is not as bad as some people [co-dependents?] might imagine. Nightey-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment