Sunday, January 22, 2006

Bloodshot Eyes and All

I can't believe it! I've got such an incredibly busy week scheduled, and I've spent most of the weekend in bed. I've already cancelled my meetings for tomorrow, but feel a lot of pressure to show up to the three I am scheduled for on Tuesday. I hope I make it. I was able to make a mad dash home this weekend (I didn't go home at all last weekend) but was only there for about 8 waking hours. What a waste. Today is one of those days where I'd just like to chuck it all and go home. No job, no school, no ambitions, just spend time fishing with the guys. Of course, when I called and mentioned this to Leo, he was all for it, explaining that he would just keep working as long as he could and we would "get by". [What a sweetheart I am married to. In spite of what you might think, he really means it.] By morning I'm sure I'll be okay. I felt good enough this afternoon to drive the five blocks to Walgreens and stock up on much-needed spend-a-couple-of-days-in-bed "stuff". Diet cokes, Benadryl-D, aspirin, toilet paper, and 2-minute microwave meals...oh yeah, I'll make it. Nitety-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment