Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Hotel Night

Tonight, it's the Mariott, in a part of town I've never stayed at before (NW). I got to work at 3:10am and left work at 3:30pm. I didn't make it more than a couple of miles before I found a hotel and checked in for the night. I was asleep by 4pm. I knew I'd be out-of-sorts if I didn't set an alarm, so I got up around 7pm and started working on my studies. About 9pm, I walked across the street (I didn't want to lose my close parking spot!) to eat at a Mexican food restaurant. There was only one other young man there, a traveler like me, and we chatted about the basketball game while we ate. He was surprised when I knew about his company (Swagelock) and what they do. The meal was not great, but it was good. When I got back to my room, I made all my phone calls, hit the books for a while, and in a few minutes I'll be headed back to bed for another few hours' sleep. By the way, after staying in the cheesy hotel on South Padre, this little Mariott is a SWEET stay! Tomorrow is an exciting day...I can't wait to see my baby walk across the stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment