Saturday, April 14, 2007

Another Long Day

Today was active, entertaining, and educational, but coming at the end of a week of dawn-to-dark activity, it also made for a long day. Our topic today was the rather "soft" subject of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). In case you are wondering, I happen to be an INTJ (Introversion, Intuition, Thinking, Judging). While a good part of the day was spent learning to understand our own indicators and how those reveal themselves in our day-to-day decision-making activities, a good portion was also spent trying to understand those not like ourselves, and what motivates them. The final point of the day was that there are no "right" or "wrong" types, just different ones; if we make ourselves aware of that fact and attempt to empathize with others, we can learn to value our differences and make good use of them while striving for excellence in our teamwork. It was all interesting and our instructor was excellent, but I'm REALLY worn out, and our team still has not settled on a first choice technology. So, I hope you'll excuse me as I get back to my research. I have had the most incredibly interesting week, but I am really ready to go home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment