Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Checked In...Settled In

The drive was no problem at all, but I'm glad I didn't wait any later as I can see traffic building up outside. Although I'm staying downtown, 6th street at IH35, it was a straight shot from where I came into town. Not a bad drive at all.

The digs are really nice, though! In all my travels, I've stayed in my share of hotels. But I am generally just looking for a bed and shower, and a couple of hours of rest between two long days. So, I typically stay on the low end of the hotel chain luxury scale, and avoid anything that would cost more than a Grant (dead president) per night. With that nice, fat tuition deposit, I'm happy to see they've put us up in style for the week. My 14th floor room is fabulous.

I've already met one of the other students as well. She is an international student and was standing near the valet booth when I came in. I saw she was holding the same kind of "welcome" letter as I was, so we introduced ourselves to each other. I'm terrible with names, so I'll have to get it again later, and I was even so impolite as not to inquire about her country of origin [she did inquire about mine]. But she seemed genuinely nice, and I am looking forward to seeing her again.

Oh well. I have a couple of "emergencies" to take care of for some clients, so I'll take an hour or so to make some progress there before heading down to the meet-and-greet. But, I thought I would check in and let everyone know that things are starting off well, and I'm thrilled to be here.

Don't worry...you'll hear from me often this week as I encounter things that I want to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment