Sunday, January 27, 2008

21 Down, 6 to Go

Just home from another Wicked Weekend in Austin, I'm taking care of a few last-minute tasks before hitting the sack. By "wicked" I mean intense and demanding by the way, and not that I was in any way a "bad" girl this weekend.

Team Deeplift presented our business plan at the University of Texas, Texas Moot Corp competition, but were beat out by a bar game technology. Although I'm ready to put some work into the plan and try again at another meet, I haven't heard back from any other team members. We'll just have to wait and see if we are finished or if we will try again.

The rest of the weekend was intense as well, with lots of homework and projects taking up a lot of my time. I had heard that the second semester was more demanding than the third one, but so far, I don't find that to be true. Perhaps I'm putting a little more work into this than I need to, but I'm still spending many late nights working on papers, posting discussions, and coordinating activities with other team members. I'm tired! Still, we have 21 class sessions behind us, and only 6 more to go. I am doing my best to hold up to the stress, but honestly, I can't wait until it's over.

Lots of other stuff is going on as well.

  • Tomorrow I have 8 hours of work to put in on building an Operations Plan (like a Business Plan, but for a company that is up and running) for one of my clients. I really love the work, but that doesn't mean it is easy.
  • When Monday comes, I'm back at my Chemical Inventory Management System tasks, another project which I am really enjoying.
  • On Tuesday afternoon, I switch gears again and meet with a group that uses my Preventive Maintenance database. Although the database is working fine, the way that the group operates has changed a bit, so the database needs to be modified to account for this. It should be interesting to see what we, as a group, come up with.
  • I got word from one of my clients that they want to see my resume once again. This could be good news, or it could be nothing. Still, it's nice to think someone is looking at me as a desirable candidate for something.
  • I promised myself that I would respond to about 20 of my friends' and acquaintances' email messages, but I guess that is put off for a few more days now.
  • Finally, I'm beat and I'm going to bed now.

I'm sorry my postings have been so infrequent recently. Sometimes life moves so fast that by the time I get around to posting something here, I don't know what to share as so much has happened since the last posting. I hope that these little random snippets are keeping you all at least a little informed about what I'm up to.

Are any of you blogging yet? It is free and is a great way to share yourself with others...hope you'll let me know if you get one going so I can drop in and check out your activities as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment