Thursday, January 31, 2008

48 Hours Off the Grid...Refreshing!

Well, believe it or not, I just turned my computer on for the first time in 48 hours. Amazing, isn't it. I didn't really plan it. It's just that when I got home from work yesterday, I couldn't bring myself to turn it on. While it would be virtually impossible for that to be the first time it's ever happened, truth is, I don't remember it happening before. Work is going well, although I'm starting to pick up more little (<40 hours) jobs again. And school is going okay as well, even though I'm still behind in my homework. But for some strange reason, I just couldn't turn my computer on. It was so odd. So...I went shopping--just looking--which is something I NEVER do; I checked out a road that I was curious about; I read several magazines; I even watched the news; but I did not turn on my computer. Today, when I got home from work, I felt that same compulsion to ignore my inbox. Not that I don't want to hear from you folks or anything, but rather, because I just wanted to pretend, just for a while, that I had free time on my hands. Well, it worked for a while. Here it is past what would be a normal person's bedtime, and I've decided I can't avoid it any more. I need to see what's in my inbox and take a peek at a few of my accounts. So...I just took a peek. Actually, it's not too bad. I have 46 new messages in my box, not counting those that went in my junkmail. Not nearly as bad as I thought. Tomorrow I'll work 6 hours at Friendswood, 6 hours at Greenspoint, then get my team assignment in by midnight. Tomorrow will be a rather long day. On Saturday, I'll tackle homework in the morning, attend a team meeting in the afternoon, and do project work in the evening. On Sunday, Leo is coming for a visit (YIPPEE!) and I'll spend the day chipping away at those little projects I mentioned earlier. Yes...I enjoyed my 48 hours off the grid, I'll be sound asleep before midnight tonight, and I'll spend the rest of the weekend playing "catch up". But for those 48 hours, when I actually had enough leisure time in my schedule to read a magazine, to drive around for no reason at all, and to take a nice long soaker bath, well...it was all just so heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment