Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Day in Austin, and the Countdown!

I participated in a couple of meetings on Friday, so had to skip out on attending class in Austin. Not attending in Austin is one thing, but skipping out altogether means having to go back and watch 8 hours of class video at another time, so it is ALWAYS a problem for me. Still, it just couldn't be helped.

I suppose, in retrospect, we should have just stayed home for the weekend instead of driving 6 hours just to attend one 8 hour class. But I hadn't seen Rebecca in a while, and thought we would be attending the class party, so we made the trip anyway. Poor Leo...his job on Austin weekends is always to drive, both ways, while I sleep. Still, he never complains, and he likes spending a bit of time with the kids, so he is always game. I attended my Saturday classes as planned, then by the time I got back to the house ready to pick Leo up and head to the party, I realized that I didn't want him to be driving home at 2am, so we skipped out on the party, took the toll road back to 290 and headed home. We got here about 10:30pm.

I have a three week break now, which may sound like a good thing, but it is absolutely full of both work and homework. I have several major papers, and several exams that are all coming due within the next 2 months, so I am quite the busy Bea. In addition, because of some projects that I have taken on that are under tight deadlines, I have a goal of working 3 weeks of 12-hour days in order to catch up. I will be working in downtown Houston for these projects, so I'm going to try and arrange the drive times around a 6-6 work day. This should put me on the road earlier than most of the early morning traffic, and out of the heaviest of the evening traffic. Still, I don't relish the daily drive.

For those of you counting down to graduation with me, here's what it looks like at the moment:

  • Session 7: Mar 28 and Mar 29
  • Session 8: Apr 18 and Apr 19
  • Session 9: May 2 and May 3
  • Graduation: May 17

I'll try my best to pop in and post something on occasion, but in case I don't, I just wanted to let you know I'm a bit under the gun but I'm still doing fine. Leo takes good care of me and I know I'll make it through this intact. I know that a lot of people visit here, and I appreciate you following my struggles and successes. I'll do my best to keep in touch.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Hum...Now I can understand why Leo and you didn't show up at the party. Wish you best luck both in school and work!...48 days until the finish line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tien Tien...we really hated to miss all the fun, but just couldn't bring ourselves to drive back to town. I'm really sorry we didn't get to visit with you and Moby though. Perhaps another time!

    ReplyDelete