Saturday, September 13, 2008

Breezes, Gusts, but No Rain Yet

I was surprised to be woken up at 5:30 by a phone call from Leo. I could not believe that I was able to sleep through the night with everything that's going on. However, when I walked to the back door and stepped outside, here's what I found:

I won't be able to see well for another hour, but as far as I can see, it looks like a typical gusty day here on the coast. There is one exception, however, and because of all of our windows facing east-northeast, it's a good one. Strangely, the wind is coming out of the west. Living on the bay, this is a phenomenon that almost NEVER happens. What it means is that the high water is being pushed back out, so at the moment, it is back down to what amounts to a slightly high tide for us. In other words, still, even now as parts east of us are getting POUNDED, Six Mile is doing just fine! The day's not over, but I'm hoping that our luck continues.

Now, back to Leo. It was SOOOO GOOD to hear from him, but the message was WAY too short. He's still feeling a little overwhelmed by everything that's in his lap, but he's committed to sticking it out. He reports that the team he is on is GREAT and that they are knowledgeable and competent. While being a Training Coordinator was well within his comfort zone, the job they have him doing at the moment seems to worry him a bit. But listen...I know this man. And although he's concerned that he won't be an effective team player, I know better. As soon as he figures out exactly what they want from him, he'll be competent to deliver with FLYING COLORS!

Listen, nothing to worry about, I'm sure, but I'm starting to hear some "booms" outside. While it could be Formosa (they've been flaring for the past couple of days), it might be some weather coming in. So, I'm going to sign off, take a look, and see if I can figure it out.

Don't worry about me...I'm doing fine here!

No comments:

Post a Comment