Friday, September 12, 2008

Last Posting

While Galveston is getting pounded, it is actually a beautiful night here. It is cloudy, but the moon peeks through on a regular basis, and the wind is not bad at all...at least not yet. I try not to watch too much coverage on tv, but have to check in now and then. So many of my friends, family, and co-workers are in the direct path of the storm, and I really worry about them. As for myself, here's what I expect.

From watching the radar images, I expect to start getting substantial winds here in 2-3 hours. I think that I will lose my tv and internet signals, but if I'm lucky, I won't lose electricity. I'm guessing that tomorrow will be a hard day and that I won't be able to "do" much but watch and wait. I think that my problems will all be over by tomorrow evening, however. If I don't lose electricity, I'll consider myself very lucky. I can't imagine that the water is going to get much higher here and I am SO hoping that prediction is right. Finally, I'm guessing that I might get a couple of hours' sleep in before the action starts, so I'm headed to bed soon.

Stay safe out there...hope to post again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment