Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Home, home on the range

Yesterday was an all day affair at the Methodist Hospital in Houston, but definitely not a wasted day even for me. As soon as Jess got settled in for his procedure I was able to set up my laptop in a nice, quiet, and hidden area of the waiting room and get to work. I focused on some literature reviews for class and occasionally switched to work for my joint venture pursuits. All in all, it was a productive day for me.

We got home about 10:30 last night. Jess was really worn out and obviously sore from the procedure, but otherwise seems to be doing well. The doctor talked me through what they found earlier in the day, but that was all of about a 5 minute conversation. He is just the guy taking the pictures, he said, and offered no information about what those pictures actually mean. Jess will get a follow-up call later this week from the guy who makes the decisions. That's when we'll know more. Rebecca suggested we work from Port Lavaca today instead of trying to make a quick turnaround and head back to Houston. Great idea. So today, we're all here at home, piddling away at our various tasks.

P.S. Big thanks to neighbors David and Judy Bush for keeping an eye on things while we were gone. Having good neighbors is just the biggest blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment